Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Uzhunnu Vada



I wanted to try making uzhunnu vada.I browsed the method in Internet and tried following the same way.Everything was easy except for making the hole to make the vada look like a doughnut
 and somehow I managed to make it somewhat okay after few vadas. My vada was tasty and looked average for a beginner and I should say my hubby has been my Guru in the making of this vada.
Its not because he knows how to make it, but he did give me a lot of suggestions on making the vada, especially on how to make the hole.  All ideas were not good, but it helped me.and he wants me to give him the credit he deserves :-)



Ingredients :


Urad Dal - 2 cups
Big Onion chopped - 1/4 cup
Green chillies - 4
Curry leaves - A few
Black Pepper Corns - 1 tbsp
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Salt Oil

Method:
*Soak urad dal in water for few hours.
*Grind the soaked dal without water and make a smooth thick paste.
*Add chopped ginger, green chillies, onion, curry leaves, whole black pepper corns, and salt and mix well.
*Wet your hand and place a small ball of the batter .Press it down with the fingers of your other hand and make a hole in the middle of it.
*Heat the oil in a wok and drop the ball with a small hole into it and fry it until it becomes golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. Uzhunnu vada kandittu kothivarunnu...how did u make the hole in the middle it never seems to come right for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious vada,my favorite tea time snack.

    ReplyDelete